We got behind on or reviews from our last trip… This is a catch up review We are on our 2nd to the last day of our trip up to Michigan. On our way back home we needed a overnight stop near Louisville, Ky. Louisville has been a quandary for us in that we have never found a RV Park that we like. This unfortunately was not much of an exception. Grandma’s RV Park is in the suburbs of Louisville in the suburbs about 15 miles south of the city.
Grandma’s RV Park worked as an overnight stay. It is right off the highway but each of the parking spots are super tight. This is NOT a great campground. On other past stays in Louisville we have stayed at the Kentucky exhibition center. The Louisville Exhibition center is downtown so a great location but still just a large concrete parking lot. We did not stay here this time because the fair was going on and was not available.
If you have a suggestion of a better place to stay near Louisville we would love to hear from you. We go through this area often and would to find a nicer place.
The following is a Drone Flyover over the park and a drive through Dashcam of the park we put together as well
General Info: Grandma’s RV Park Shepherdsville, KY
- Physical Address: 159 Dawson Dr, Shepherdsville, KY 40165
- Phone Number for Reservations: 502-543-7023
- RV Daily Rate as of August 25, 2016: $32
- Additional Information: As a quick place to pull off the road and stay this place worked. It was a little complicated getting in the park but we were able to fit our Big Rig with our Car in our space but just barely. We would probably not come back here but we have not found much better in the Louisville area. The only positive was that the park has a nice open field for the dogs and the lots were level but they were super tight.
- Site Pad Material: Level sites with Gravel spaces
- Water: Yes, included with daily rate
- Electricity: Yes, included with daily rate
- Sewer: Yes
- Laundry: Yes
- Cable TV: Did not try
- Wi-fi: Yes and included in the site fee. Was workable
- Dump Station: At each site
- Propane: Did not see any
- Pull Throughs: Yes
- Back In: Yes
- Big Rig Friendly: Yes – barely
- Pet Friendly: Yes (sort of) – The do not care about how many dogs you have but they are very stringent about cleaning up behind your dog(Which we support anyway)
This park will work in a pinch as a overnight stay. We will continue our search for a better park in the Louisville area. Would love your suggestions of a good place to stay in the area. Let us know if you have any great suggestions for Big Rigs!
Subscribe to be kept up with all the News and Information we update to the Site!
From my Friends Bruce and Bobby M who are on the Road in the 45' American Eagle! River Cities RV Park 7213 Highway 1 North Boyce, LA 71409 http://rivercitiesrvpark.com/ June 2017 rate: $40 + $3.50 reservation fee (see below) River Cities RV Park is a very basic...
About twice a year we take the motorhome over to Huntsville, Al to compete in a local agility Dog competition. We always enjoy going over to Huntsville. It is a cute little town with a lot of great things to do. From the Amazing Air and Space Museum, to some cool...
We have left Northern Michigan are now working our way south. Our first night we stopped at Shipshewana South Park in Shipshewana, IN. Shipshewana is of course in the heart of Amish/Mennonite country. This means cool little shops and great home style restaurants....