On our first stop and last stop (on the way home) on our trip up north we stayed at Holiday RV Park in Rossville, Ga (a Suburb of Chattanooga, TN. We found Holiday Travel Park on the Big Rig Map that had a reference to a nice review that Lowes Travel (Bloggers) had done on it before.
Turns out Holiday RV Park is a great little camprgound. Designed for Big Rigs, Easy to get into and out to with Nice pull through spots. Nice open area green spaces, pool, and clean washrooms and facilities. We went here twice while on this trip and we will definitely go again when in the Chattanooga Area. Highly recommended.
Shot Two videos – One Flyover and one drive in.
General Info: Holiday RV Park – Chattanooga, TN
- Physical Address: 1654 South Mack Smith Road, Rossville, GA 30741 – Note the address on the website did not take us to the park directly so we used the address of the Dollar General across the street – works perfectly
- Phone Number for Reservations: 800-693-2877
- RV Daily Rate as of 8/26/2016: 43.00 minus 10% Good Sams Discount – We paid $37.80
- RV Weekly Rate: Six times daily rate, 7th night FREE when paid in advance. No other discounts apply.
- Military Discount: Yes
- Other Discounts:
- Good Sams
- FMCA Members
- Senior Citizens
- Additional Information: Has a Small Dog Park, Nice Pool Area, Clean Restrooms, some walking trails. 6 miles to Chattanooga
- Site Pad Material: Level sites with Rock Pads. Most are Pull-Throughs about 70 feet long or so…
- Water: Yes, included with daily rate
- Electricity: Yes, included with daily rate 50 amp
- Sewer: Yes
- Laundry: Yes
- Cable TV: Yes,
- Wi-fi: Yes and included in the site fee. Internet did work for us while we were there but it was pretty slow.
- Dump Station: at every site
- Propane: No
- Pull Throughs: Yes
- Big Rig Friendly: Yes
- Pet Friendly: Yes (very)
- Additional Information: All park roads are paved and wide. The foliage and trees at the park are gorgeous! Sites have good space between them.
About our Trip
- Dates of our Stay: Aug 14- and 28th, 2016
- Site Number: #147 and 148 (We got Satellite on 148 but not on 147)
- Cellular Coverage: Both ATT and Verizon worked great
Things to do in the Area
We were only in the area for 2 – 1 day stops but have been up to Chattanooga many times in the past. There is ALOT to do in the area, but there are some not miss stuff. The Not miss stuff include:
- Tennessee Aquarium – One of the top Aquariums in the US, Well, well worth a visit (Better than Atlanta and rivaling Monterey)
- Ruby Falls – A landmark in Tennessee for years – a little corny but fun. Bring a jacket – it is sort of cold down there in certain areas
- See Rock City – Another fun thing to do once in your life 🙂
- 25 things to do in Chattanooga – There is easily enough for a 1-2 week stay to keep you busy and interested
This is a great little inexpensive Big Rig park that is perfect for a place to explore the great Chattanooga area. We highly recommend it.
Subscribe to be kept up with all the News and Information we update to the Site!
From my Friends Bruce and Bobby M who are on the Road in the 45' American Eagle! River Cities RV Park 7213 Highway 1 North Boyce, LA 71409 http://rivercitiesrvpark.com/ June 2017 rate: $40 + $3.50 reservation fee (see below) River Cities RV Park is a very basic...
About twice a year we take the motorhome over to Huntsville, Al to compete in a local agility Dog competition. We always enjoy going over to Huntsville. It is a cute little town with a lot of great things to do. From the Amazing Air and Space Museum, to some cool...
We got behind on or reviews from our last trip... This is a catch up review We are on our 2nd to the last day of our trip up to Michigan. On our way back home we needed a overnight stop near Louisville, Ky. Louisville has been a quandary for us in that we have never...