We just got back from a 3 week trip up North to get out of the heat in Georgia. Our Friends Steve and Lisa were planning a trip up to Northern Michigan to visit some friends and check out the Traverse City Area. They asked us if we would want to tag a long and we decided that it would be fun.
It was great trip! We spent a couple of days in Nashville, Cincinnati, Shipshewana In, Louisville and Chattanooga. We also spent a week up in Empire Michigan (Close to Traverse City, MI) where the temperature never got above 77 degrees. Awesome location with a bunch of cool towns within 20 miles of there and Bear Dunes National Park – a amazing park well worth visiting.
Following this post will be detailed reviews of each place we stayed Like other park reviews we have provided in the past we flew the drone over each park to let you see what it looks like from above. For this trip we purchased a new Toy, the KDLinks HD Dash Cam Recorder which has worked beautifully on this trip. It has allowed us to create a High Definition video that shows what it is like to drive into a rv resort and gives a nice layout and feel as well. If you would like to check out the videos ahead of time they are all posted out on the MHRIG Facebook site.
The Campgrounds and RV resorts we stopped at include:
- Holiday Travel Park – Chattanooga, TN – A really great park for checking out Chattanooga
- Nashville KOA – Nashville, TN – Absolutely the nicest KOA we have ever been to
- Winton Woods Campground – Cincinnati, OH – A great big Rig Park that we would definitely go to again
- Indigo Bluff RV Resort – Empire, MI – A super nice high end Upper class Motorcoach resort that is central to everything in Northern Michigan
- Shipshewana Camprground South – Shipshewana, IN – A nice Big Rig park in the heart of Amish country…
- Grandma’s RV Park – Outside of Louisville, KY – A Super tight park south of Louisville
Over the next week or so will be publishing reviews of each of these parks and what we did at each location
Thanks for following the site!
Subscribe to be kept up with all the News and Information we update to the Site!
About twice a year we take the motorhome over to Huntsville, Al to compete in a local agility Dog competition. We always enjoy going over to Huntsville. It is a cute little town with a lot of great things to do. From the Amazing Air and Space Museum, to some cool...read more
We got behind on or reviews from our last trip... This is a catch up review We are on our 2nd to the last day of our trip up to Michigan. On our way back home we needed a overnight stop near Louisville, Ky. Louisville has been a quandary for us in that we have never...read more
We have left Northern Michigan are now working our way south. Our first night we stopped at Shipshewana South Park in Shipshewana, IN. Shipshewana is of course in the heart of Amish/Mennonite country. This means cool little shops and great home style restaurants....read more