RiverVista RV Resort is sort of what we consider our Home RV Resort. It is the place we go when we are in town and have a free weekend and want to get out of the house. Many of our friends also like it as well so we end up meeting friends up there. It is about 80 miles from our house in Cumming, Ga or about 100 miles north of Atlanta. A great hangout spot that puts you in a great location to explore all the cool things to do in the North Georgia Mountain. We highly recommend it to anyone from the smallest camper to the Biggest RV. Impeccably maintained, large open spots and a great spot has allowed RiverVista to when best RV Resort in Georgia many times over.
Shot a Drone Flyover of the Park
General Info: RiverVista RV Resort Dillard, Ga
- Website: https://rvmountainvillage.com/
- Physical Address: 960 Hwy 246 • Dillard, GA 30537
- Phone Number for Reservations: (706) 746-2722
- RV Daily Rate as of June 17, 2016: $35-55
- RV Weekly Rate: $210-330
- RV Monthly Rate:$650-850
- Military Discount: Yes
- Other Discounts: Good Sam’s, FMCA, Escapees
- Additional Information: Check for Specials on there website. Rates Vary depending on time of the year
- Site Pad Material: Very Level sites with Gravel Sites
- Water: Yes, included with daily rate
- Electricity: Yes, included with daily rate and 50 amp power was solid the entire time.
- Sewer: Yes
- Laundry: Yes
- Cable TV: Yes, we did not use it but other friends said it had a extensive cable line up
- Wi-fi: Yes and included in the site fee. It worked for us while we were there but there were times it became overloaded
- Propane: Yes
- Pull Throughs: Yes
- Back In: Yes
- Big Rig Friendly: Yes – the entire park is very big rig friendly. We were able to navigate our 43′ with our TOAD connected into the park and out of the park and get in and out of our spot.
- Pet Friendly: Yes (very)
- Preferred Spots at the Park: Almost all of the spots at that park are great for Big Rigs. We recommend in order for Big Rigs 161,171, 186, 191, 204, 205, 66-106. Do not be concerned if you cannot get these spots. The rest of the spots in the park are excellent as well.
- Additional Information: The roads in the park are Paved and very wide. The trees are well kept and look great! The Sites have good space between them, and each site contains a park bench. There is a Indoor pool, outdoor pool, Beautiful covered fire place, Kids playground, Dog playground, Outdoor Movie site, Club house, great showers and restrooms. The only negative at all is that there is only one place for trash and it can be a little ways away depending on where you are parked.
About our Trip
- Dates of our Stay: June16-19th, 2016
- Site Number: #84
- Cellular Coverage: 3 bars on 3G AT&T 2 bars LTE on Verizon (again, worked with no problems).
What we love about this Park
What do we not love about this park! Great amenities, fun things to do, wonderful environment, great staff, fun events if you want to participate and a ton of things to do at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains!
What we wish was better
Not much – the only thing would be if they had either trash pickup on site and/or more spots to take them to (A very small nitpick)
What we did while we were here
We have been coming up to the North Georgia Mountain’s for years so we will try to cover some of the things we did as well as other things you might want to do while you are in the area – that we have done in the past.
Cupboard Cafe is a great little restaurant about 1 mile from River Vista RV Resort. This has been one of our favorite breakfast joints for years. Our other friends have been here there for lunch and dinner and never had a bad meal. Love there Eggs Benedict and they have awesome grits. Cute little restaurant and store definitely check it out
Caffe’ Rel is an amazing restaurant located about 20 miles from RiverVista in Franklin, NC. A French Bistro based in the back of a Gas Station! This is one of those unique restaurant experiences we all search for. Amazing sauces, amazing dishes, amazing desserts. This is like going to a high end French restaurant in New York City. They do not take reservations and it is cash only but the prices are VERY reasonable. This is the ONE restaurant you do not want to miss. We found if you get there by 5pm there is not a wait. Anytime after that there can be quite a line.
Wild Thyme Gourmet is a wonderful little restaurant located in the heart of the Highlands. Located about 10 miles from RiverVista. We went there for lunch and had an amazing Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich and Grilled Strip Sandwich. All 4 of us loved our meal and would suggest it when you are in the Highlands.
Clark’s on Main was a great little sports pub in Clayton, Ga about 8 miles south of RiverVista. We were looking for a quick place to go, Ended up with some great dishes that everyone really enjoyed. There are several great restaurants in Clayton worth checking out
This Dillard House is a staple in the North Georgia Mountains originally built in 1917.The Restaurant is famous for delivering down home cooking served “Family Style”. Do not come to the restaurant without a very big appetite. The food is very good. We did not make it this trip but will definitely go there again.
Things to Do
Highlands, NC – Is a great little town 10-15 minutes up the road above Dillard, Ga. About 2000 Feet higher in Elevation up in the mountains, the temperature is always 10-20 degrees lower than Atlanta. Famous as where the well to do of the south like to hang out, there are awesome restaurants and shops in this quaint little town. A great place to spend the day.
Black Rock State Mountain Park – is a cool park minutes from RiverVista. For small RV’s there are camping spots on top of the mountain. Big Rig’s should not apply 🙂 It would not be a fun experience. There are some wonderful views and great hiking trails. Definitely should visit while in town.
The Chatooga River is a famous river with everything from Class I to Class V rapids pretty close to Dillard. We have done the river several times and it is a must for the adventurer seeker. We have actually done all of the major Whitewater rivers in Georgia – Chatooga, Ocoee and Nantahala. Of the 3 the Chatooga is the most powerful and most interesting.
Highland Canopy Tour – is on the way up the Highlands. We stopped by and checked out the place. Looked pretty cool and like a fun activity for the day!
Scaly Mountain Center – is a large hill on the way up to the highlands. They have setup Tubing courses to go down the hill. We did not get a chance to do it but we did ask what it cost. We were quote $15 for 2 hours
We have just touched the surface of all the wonderful things to do here. There are tons of hiking trails, Festivals and other spots we have not explored yet. I think what we like the most about this area is that is is nice and cool in the Summer and even fun to go to in the winter.
Have you found anything else here we missed?
Subscribe to be kept up with all the News and Information we update to the Site!
From my Friends Bruce and Bobby M who are on the Road in the 45' American Eagle! River Cities RV Park 7213 Highway 1 North Boyce, LA 71409 http://rivercitiesrvpark.com/ June 2017 rate: $40 + $3.50 reservation fee (see below) River Cities RV Park is a very basic...read more
About twice a year we take the motorhome over to Huntsville, Al to compete in a local agility Dog competition. We always enjoy going over to Huntsville. It is a cute little town with a lot of great things to do. From the Amazing Air and Space Museum, to some cool...read more
We got behind on or reviews from our last trip... This is a catch up review We are on our 2nd to the last day of our trip up to Michigan. On our way back home we needed a overnight stop near Louisville, Ky. Louisville has been a quandary for us in that we have never...read more