Duckett Mill Campground is a beautiful RV Park on the majestic North shores of Lake Lanier. This review is part of the Lake Lanier Big Rig Project which encompasses coverage of all the parks on the lake that can handle Big Rigs. This is one of the nicest parks on lake Lanier. Huge open spaces and camp sites. Most of the Big Rig capable located right on the shores of the lake. A little remote but next to a nice large town Gainesville, Ga
Shot a Drone Flyover of the Park
General Info: Ducket Mill Campground Gainesville, Ga
- Physical Address: 3720 Duckett Mill Rd, Gainesville, GA 30506
- Website: Duckett Mill Website
- Phone Number for Reservations:
- RV Daily Rate as of June 22, 2016: $30 for 50 amp service
- RV Weekly Rate: No Special Discount
- Other Discounts: None that I have been able to identify
- Stay Limitations: You can only stay 14 days in any 30 day period
- Additional Information: This is simply a very, very nice park. Great spots right on the water. Large spots, paved, clean and well kept. Probably one of the best parks on the lake. A little remote, but for those looking to get back to nature in Big Rigs this is a great park to consider
- Site Pad Material: All the sites have Concrete Pads. Most of the sites are level
- Water: Yes, included with daily rate
- Electricity: Yes, included with daily rate
- Sewer: No – but there is a dump station.
- Laundry: Yes
- Cable TV: No
- Wi-fi: No
- Dump Station: Yes
- Propane: No
- Pull Throughs: Some
- Back In: Yes
- Big Rig Friendly: Yes – Most
- Pet Friendly: Yes (very)
Additional Information: All park roads are paved and wide. The foliage and trees at the park are gorgeous! Sites have a lot of space between them, Most of the spots are right on the water. I do not believe that there is pump outs at the spot but there is a dump station. Most of the spots are big rig capable but many are not. Also some that are stated as long enough are in reality not level enough. the Gallery below is of sites that we have verified can handle Big Rigs.
Big Rig Capable Sites: 20,21,30,50,52,53,60,61,94,95,98,100,100-107,110,111
What to Do in the Area
As mentioned before we have not stayed at this park. Just drove over and took pics for this review. But we have lived in the area 15+ years. Gainesville is about 7 miles away and has everything you can expect from a medium size town.
- In Gainesville there are two restaurants that are worth the drive. Southern Recess Gastro Pub is an eclectic little bar right on the square with really good food. The Atlanta Seafood Market is an exceptional seafood restaurant for lunch in Little Mexico and we always go there when in Gainesville. Also closest to the Park is Olive Garden and a Cheddar’s (A very good franchise restaurant).
- In Dawsonville there are plenty run of the mill restaurants but one is the exception. The Blue Bicycle is a high end dinner epicurean delight that has very, very good entrees. No need to dress up but a very high end restaurant.
Things to Do
- This is a remote campground on the lake so obviously plenty of lake things to do. You can rent a boat from Gainesville Marina or check out Boatbound – there are several listings out there as well. If you do go out on the lake the best restaurant is Fishtails and you do not want to miss Sunset Cove – a unique experience in itself.
- Lake Lanier water park is a pretty cool water park right on the lake and we love going there.
- Lake Lanier is famous for its Bass and Striper Fishing. We have caught some huge stripers with Shane Watson Guide service. \
- Day trips up to Helen, Ga – The German capital of Georgia or hike the falls at Amicaloa Falls
This is really a great campground. 22 great spots for Big Rigs. The park has large roads easy entry and exit and a great staff. If you are looking for a nice place to take your big rig on the lake this is definitely a possibility. We definitely would camp here.
Please let me know if you have any questions! We live in the area…
Other Campgrounds on Lake Lanier
- Bald Ridge Creek Campground – Gainesville, Ga
- Shady Grove Campground – Cumming, Ga
- Sawnee Campground – Cumming, Ga
- Old Federal Campground – Flowery Branch, Ga
- River Forks Park – Gainesville, Ga
- Don Carter State Park – Gainesville, Ga
- Bolding Mill Campground – Gainesville, Ga
- War Hill Park – Dawsonville, Ga
Subscribe to be kept up with all the News and Information we update to the Site!
From my Friends Bruce and Bobby M who are on the Road in the 45' American Eagle! River Cities RV Park 7213 Highway 1 North Boyce, LA 71409 http://rivercitiesrvpark.com/ June 2017 rate: $40 + $3.50 reservation fee (see below) River Cities RV Park is a very basic...read more
About twice a year we take the motorhome over to Huntsville, Al to compete in a local agility Dog competition. We always enjoy going over to Huntsville. It is a cute little town with a lot of great things to do. From the Amazing Air and Space Museum, to some cool...read more
We got behind on or reviews from our last trip... This is a catch up review We are on our 2nd to the last day of our trip up to Michigan. On our way back home we needed a overnight stop near Louisville, Ky. Louisville has been a quandary for us in that we have never...read more