Bolding Mill Campground is a nice Corps of Engineers park located on the North End of Lake Lanier. This review is part of the Lake Lanier Big Rig Project. Overall a very nice park. Very clean and most of the sites are right on the water. This is a nice simple campground located about 8 miles south of Gainesville. For people looking to get away from things – this is a potential spot. BTW – do not trust sites that look like they will fit big rigs. Some are to uneven. All the sites mentioned below have been verified.
Shot a Drone Flyover of the Park
General Info: Bolding Mill Campground Gainesville, Ga
- Website: Bolding Mill Campground
- GPS Coordinates: 34°20’33.9″N 83°57’08.0″W
- Physical Address: 4055 Chestatee Rd, Gainesville, GA 30506
- Phone Number for Reservations: (770) 534-6960
- RV Daily Rate as of June 22, 2016:$20-30
- Other Discounts: No Discounts Identified
- Stay Limitations: You can only stay 14 days in any 30 day period
- Additional Information: Nice little clean park, Big Beach, Boat Ramp, Dump Station, Laundry Facilities,
- Site Pad Material: Asphalt – Note some sites are level and some are not (From a big Rig perspective)
- Water: Yes, included with daily rate
- Electricity: Yes, included with daily rate
- Sewer: No but there is a pump station
- Laundry: Yes
- Cable TV: No – but some of the sites potentially can access Satellite. There may be some OTA.
- Wi-fi: No
- Dump Station: Yes
- Propane: No
- Pull Throughs: Some
- Back In: Some
- Big Rig Friendly: Some – See the list below
- Pet Friendly: Yes (very)
- Additional Information: All Park Roads are Paved. All of the sites I mentioned below have good in and out access. Do not trust sites that say they are big rig capable. Many have leveling issues.
Big Rig Sites: 39,41,65,66,78,88*
* Please note I was short on time and Might have misses a site. I can speak to these specifically
Things to do in the Area
As mentioned before we have not stayed at this park. Just drove over and took pics for this review. But we have lived in the area 15+ years. Gainesville is about 6 miles away and has everything you can expect from a medium size town.
- In Gainesville there are two restaurants that are worth the drive. Southern Recess Gastro Pub is an eclectic little bar right on the square with really good food. The Atlanta Seafood Market is an exceptional seafood restaurant for lunch in Little Mexico and we always go there when in Gainesville. Also closest to the Park is Olive Garden and a Cheddar’s (A very good franchise restaurant).
- In Dawsonville there are plenty run of the mill restaurants but one is the exception. The Blue Bicycle is a high end dinner epicurean delight that has very, very good entrees. No need to dress up but a very high end restaurant.
Things to Do
- This is a remote campground on the lake so obviously plenty of lake things to do. You can rent a boat from Gainesville Marina or check out Boatbound – there are several listings out there as well. If you do go out on the lake the best restaurant is Fishtails and you do not want to miss Sunset Cove – a unique experience in itself.
- Lake Lanier water park is a pretty cool water park right on the lake and we love going there.
- Lake Lanier is famous for its Bass and Striper Fishing. We have caught some huge stripers with Shane Watson Guide service.
- Day trips up to Helen, Ga – The German capital of Georgia or hike the falls at Amicaloa Falls
This is a nice little campground on the north end of Lake Lanier. If you are looking for quiet serene lake views this is not a bad place. I think we would choose Duckett Mill over this but this is not a bad second choice
Other Campgrounds on Lake Lanier
- Bald Ridge Creek Campground – Gainesville, Ga
- Shady Grove Campground – Cumming, Ga
- Sawnee Campground – Cumming, Ga
- Old Federal Campground – Flowery Branch, Ga
- River Forks Park – Gainesville, Ga
- Don Carter State Park – Gainesville, Ga
- Duckett Mill Campground – Gainesville, Ga
- War Hill Park – Dawsonville, Ga
Subscribe to be kept up with all the News and Information we update to the Site!
About twice a year we take the motorhome over to Huntsville, Al to compete in a local agility Dog competition. We always enjoy going over to Huntsville. It is a cute little town with a lot of great things to do. From the Amazing Air and Space Museum, to some cool...read more
We got behind on or reviews from our last trip... This is a catch up review We are on our 2nd to the last day of our trip up to Michigan. On our way back home we needed a overnight stop near Louisville, Ky. Louisville has been a quandary for us in that we have never...read more
We have left Northern Michigan are now working our way south. Our first night we stopped at Shipshewana South Park in Shipshewana, IN. Shipshewana is of course in the heart of Amish/Mennonite country. This means cool little shops and great home style restaurants....read more