This article is part of a series we have been working on called the Lake Lanier Big Rig Project. Bald Ridge Creek Campground is a Corps of Engineer park located in Cumming, Ga directly on Lake Lanier. it is arguably the nicest park on Lake Lanier. A very high percentage of the spots are capable of handling big rigs. Nice and level and very long and most of them right on the water. This is a highly sought after park because of the great sites, nice beaches and closeness to Cumming, Ga which provides a multitude of restaurants and other things to do in the area. We highly recommend this to our friends when they are in the area.
General Info: Bald Ridge Creek Cumming, Ga
- Website: Bald Ridge Creek Campground
- GPS Coordinates: 34.20389, -84.08611
- Physical Address: 4100 BALD RIDGE ROAD CUMMING GA 30041
- Phone Number: (770)889-1591
- RV Daily Rate as of June 27, 2016: $20-30
- RV Weekly Rate: No discounts for Weekly Rates
- Other Discounts: None that I am aware of
- Stay Limitations: You can only stay 14 days in any 30 day period
- Additional Information: There are 82 sites (54 that we would park our coach in) that comes with Water and Electric. There is a dump station on property. Other Amenities include: Boat Ramp, Showers, Playground, Beach. You are within 15 minutes of a Walmart, Costco, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Restaurants, etc. Park gates are locked from 10:30 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. For emergencies please contact the park attendant at his trailer located next to the entry station.
- Site Pad Material: Most sites are very level. The sites are concrete/asphalt pads
- Water: Yes, included with daily rate
- Electricity: Yes, included with daily rate
- Sewer: No.
- Laundry: Yes
- Cable TV: No: Some of the sites do have line of site to the sky so satellite would work. You are close enough in to get some OTA antenna as well.
- Wi-fi: No
- Dump Station: Yes
- Propane: No – but there is a Costco (Very Low price) and Ace within 15 minutes
- Pull Throughs: Some
- Back In: Some
- Big Rig Friendly: 52 sites – (See Pics below) Yes – Probably the best park on Lake Lanier
- Pet Friendly: Yes (very)
Additional Information: All park roads are paved and wide. The foliage and trees at the park are gorgeous! Sites have great space between them and most of them are on the water. I believe the park locks the gates at night around 10:30pm and reopens them at 8am. (Not sure about this)
Campgrounds that are Big Rig Capable
- 52 sites (See pics of all sites in the Gallery below):
- Big Rig Capable sites 2-17, 20-23, 28-31, 34,37-45, 49,52,60,62-77,80-82
Things to Do here
Bald Ridge Creek Campground is centrally located between Cumming, Gainesville and Dawsonville, Ga. Not close to a lot but not to far to get to everything that you would want in a big city (Walmart, Costco, Sam’s, etc…). There is plenty of restaurants and things to do around and here would be our recommendations of where we go around here.
- Daniels Grocery is on the main road (Plgrim Mill) on your way to the campground. Last year they opened a small restaurant in the convenience store. The make an okay lunch but they have the best Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit I have ever hard. We are addicted to these. Well worth the drive you will love it.
- In Cumming we do not have many exceptional restaurants but here is where we like to eat. For Italian – Provino’s is quite good. For a nice sports bar with good bar food – Taco Mac will never let you down. For exceptional German food check out Gasthous – sit out on the patio it is awesome.
- In Gainesville there are two restaurants that are worth the drive. Southern Recess Gastro Pub is an eclectic little bar right on the square with really good food. The Atlanta Seafood Market is an exceptional seafood restaurant for lunch in Little Mexico and we always go there when in Gainesville.
- In Dawsonville there are plenty run of the mill restaurants but one is the exception. The Blue Bicycle is a high end dinner epicurean delight that has very, very good entrees. No need to dress up but a very high end restaurant.
Things to Do
- This is a remote campground on the lake so obviously plenty of lake things to do. You can rent a boat from Lanier Boat Rental (at Bald Ridge Marina – The closest to the campground), Paradise Boat Rentals or check out Boatbound – there are several listings out there as well. If you do go out on the lake the best restaurant is Fishtails and you do not want to miss Sunset Cove – a unique experience in itself.
- Lake Lanier water park is a pretty cool water park right on the lake and we love going there.
- Lake Lanier is famous for its Bass and Striper Fishing. We have caught some huge stripers with Shane Watson Guide service. \
- Also under the dam there is supposedly good trout fishing – on my list of things to do . RiverthroughAtlanta is who we are considering using
- Day trips up to Helen, Ga – The German capital of Georgia or hike the falls at Amicaloa Falls
We live off Pilgrim Mill Drive and love this area. We have been here for 10+ years and love the lake. Bald Ridge Creek Campground is arguably the nicest big Rig campground on the lake. If there is availability this is probably where you want to stay. Old Federal is a close second.
If you are staying here please reach out if you have any questions and/or suggestions
Other Campgrounds on Lake Lanier
- Shady Grove Campground – Cumming, Ga
- Sawnee Campground – Cumming, Ga
- Old Federal Campground – Flowery Branch, Ga
- River Forks Park – Gainesville, Ga
- Don Carter State Park – Gainesville, Ga
- Bolding Mill Campground – Gainesville, Ga
- Duckett Mill Campground – Gainesville, Ga
- War Hill Park – Dawsonville, Ga
Subscribe to be kept up with all the News and Information we update to the Site!
From my Friends Bruce and Bobby M who are on the Road in the 45' American Eagle! River Cities RV Park 7213 Highway 1 North Boyce, LA 71409 http://rivercitiesrvpark.com/ June 2017 rate: $40 + $3.50 reservation fee (see below) River Cities RV Park is a very basic...
About twice a year we take the motorhome over to Huntsville, Al to compete in a local agility Dog competition. We always enjoy going over to Huntsville. It is a cute little town with a lot of great things to do. From the Amazing Air and Space Museum, to some cool...
We got behind on or reviews from our last trip... This is a catch up review We are on our 2nd to the last day of our trip up to Michigan. On our way back home we needed a overnight stop near Louisville, Ky. Louisville has been a quandary for us in that we have never...