We have been coming down to the Lazy Days Campground every January for the last 5 years. This is part of our annual pilgrimage to the American Coach Southeast Regional Rally and the Tampa RV Supershow (Arguably the largest RV Show in the US).
LazyDays Campground is a nice, well appointed campground that was designed to handle bigrigs. Getting into the spot has never been a problem for us but once in the space given is usually quite tight.
If you think of this as a destination location (Get your coach fixed, look at new/used coaches at Lazy Days, or attend a rally, things around Tampa) it is a great destination. I would not go here just for the park. On the other hand the park is well appointed. We were not able to fly the drone to videotape the park because it is in a no fly zone (Within 2 miles of a airport). More about the park below
Lazy Days Campground
6210 County Road 579,
Seffner, FL 33584
Site quality = 3/5
Lazy Days Designed this campground to fit a lot of rigs in. So it is a little tight compared to other parks that we have stayed at. Each spot is really only about the length of the coach with maybe room to fit a car out front. There is room to bring the slides out, usually an awning and 90 percent of the spots do not have trees (ours was not) so Satellite works. Each Spot comes with 50 amp, Water, Dump and cable with 40-50+ stations. There is usually a sitting area with a bench and rooms for some chairs.
Facilities = 4/5
- Heated Pool
- Heated Jacuzzi
- Good Restaurant/Bar on site (open 6 days a week)
- Event Center
- Pickleball, Basketball Courts
- 70 bay on site service centers to work on your coach
- Large, Expansive Camping/accesories store
- Free Seminars, Training sessions on a number of topics
- Very, very good Laundry Facilities
- Showers (We did not check them out)
- Free Breakfast, Lunch every day
- 120 Acres of space so it is great for walking and looking at the thousands of new and used Motorhomes.
- And probably a lot more I have not thought of
Amenities = 5/5
Lazy Days goes above and beyond compared to other parks because they want your experience to be great. (They want you to spend money with them on a new coach and/or service :))
To list all of the services that are provided would take all day but I will try to cover the important one:
- Free Newspaper delivered to your coach every morning
- Trash pickup outside your coach
- Free Wifi – worked great for us with the Hawkins Extender
- Free Cable TV
- Free Seminars
- Free Motorhome training class
- On Site Dog Runs
- Breakfast and Lunch Free every day (Not sure if this was only because we were at the rally )
- Heated Pool and Heated Jacuzzi
- Onsite Restaurant and Bar
- Hard Rock – Casino shuttle daily 10 per couple
- Flying J – walking distance
- Golf Cart and Bike Rental
- Concierge Service to get you park tickets and stuff
- Special events to sell you more stuff
- Propane Delivery to your coach
Great park if you use it what it was built for…
Pet friendliness = 4/5
Great Dog Walk area, Plenty of places to go walking. Only issue is there really is no open fields to let the dogs off leash
Overall rating = 4.3
BONUS ALERT = Camp only 20 mins from downtown Santa Fe!
Great park for a RV Sales Campground – Big Rig Friendly
We always use this campground as a event location as well as a Rally center for our coach group meetings every year.
Coming here over the years we have found some GREAT Restaurants and things to do. Here are our recommendations (We do not list the places that we went that we thought were just okay or nothing special):
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company – We found this in the MHRIG Map as a great Diners Drive ins and Dives restaurants. We tried there famous meatloaf and it was the best I have ever had. Lynnea had the red beans and Rice and cuban sandwich. Sandwich was good but nothing special but the red beans and rice had amazing flavor. Great local brews and one we would highly recommend to our friends. about 12 minutes from the campground over in Ybor city
- La Isla Cafe – We were coming back from the Supershow and wanted to pick something up and bring it back to the coach. We new of this restaurant because we had been to munchies to get takeout pizza the night before. We did Takeout with them and got the bourbon chicken with Red beans and Rice and planes. Two complete heaping orders was less than 14 dollars and the food was amazing. Ended up providing 2 full meals for both of us and we LOVED the food. Only about 8 minutes from Lazy Days.
- Munchies – This is our second time getting Pizza from these guys. They do take out and/or will deliver to your coach. We have loved the pizza both times. Nothing special hole in the wall – order out and/or delivery only
In discussions with friends and people we met there are a couple of places we did not get to that we really wanted to and will next we get down there. They include:
- Brocatas Sandwich Shop – We were going to go there but they were closed on Sunday’s. This a famous local Cuban Dive restaurant that has been a staple in Tampa since 1947. Famous for amazing Cuban Sandwiches and Deviled Crab. On our list for next time.
- Columbia’s Restaurant – Several Friends have been to this and have always loved it with Flamenco Dancers and old school entertainment with great food. Been a staple in Tampa for 110 years!